• Facebook Basic Black

604 W San Antonio Street
Lockhart TX 78644  |  512-944-5272

Photograhy by Phillip LeConte and Kara McGregor

© 2018 by Birdie House. Proudly created with Wix.com

HISTORIC BED & BREAKFAST

BIRDIE HOUSE was built in 1898 by Albion Rheiner Chew, a hardware merchant from Iowa.  He moved to Lockhart around 1877 to open a  store to supply local cotton farmers and cattle ranchers, and married a local girl, Lydia “Birdie” Chiles.

Five generations of Chews lived at Birdie House, which was purchased by the McMillan family in the 1960’s.  The house fell into disrepair and was restored by Ray and Wendy Ramsey, who purchased the home in 1991.  Kara McGregor and family bought the house in 2002, relocating from Austin, and have made the home a center of music, art and lively conversation.

Come to Birdie House to rest, dream, and enjoy Lockhart.